I'm on a tall roof top facing the beautiful blue with white fluffy clouds skyline of New York City.
I can see the empire state building and the space where the twin towers once stood.
I can feel the breeze which is not too hot, not too cold maybe a little windy.
That fact that I am able to stand here now and see this is just breathe taking.
This beautiful view was not always this still, quiet or peaceful.
I can see a meadow of tress with the fall look reaching NYC.
If you were here back then you would've felt just awful.
From here it looks like it would never allow danger to be part of it.
But many years ago this now peaceful place was a painful and unrecognizable view.
I see there's an empty picture frame by my feet maybe someone had an idea just incomplete.
I can stand here and see it all as I take this frame and make it whole
I lift it up into the sky so that frame and city can meet.
I fill it in with the NYC view, I just wont ever forget what fills in that hole.
This is an excellent piece. I'm glad you read it to the class. You may want to consider including this in your final portfolio.
ReplyDelete