I know you might find it to be a nightmare
Were suppose to be mother and daughter
But how come I don't feel rare?
In my dreams my grandmother was my mother
Like in real life
You made it clear that I was not the important one
Being a mother didn't mean as much as being a wife
Every time a new man was in the picture you swore he was the one
Did it ever occur to you that I had feelings?
Even though we were never close
Every word you said and meant had meanings
You killed every part of me like an overdose
I would always wish for a better ending
But it didn't matter to you I was just another kid
All I wanted was a little of your time now its you who wants to mend things
How come now I feel the way you did?
Thinking I would never be like you
Sometimes I just have no choice but to thank only you
Now all I can do is compare myself to you
Then I wake up and thank my real mother who has been my grandmother
Because she will always be the chosen one to accept me unlike you, "mother".
No comments:
Post a Comment